Monday, March 26, 2007

Steppin' Out to the Tropics -Benefit for victims of Domestic Violence and Sexual Abuse

This will be my third year attending one of the best bargains for food and drinks while helping Turnaround with their fund raiser. This year my wife Sherry is the Co-Chair along with our friend Rosina for this great event. http://turnaroundinc.org/ It will be held this Thursday at M & T Stadium and there is no dress code, so you can come as you are from work or home. I will be dressed in a Hawaiian shirt and will have a Lei around my neck. With all of the food people setting up you can't eat everything they serve, well, maybe at least try to. The food and drinks flow all night long.

The 17 piece band called the Mood Swings were there last year and was requested by so many people they are going to be back on Thursday. If you can't get into the mood when they are playing, you are just not hearing them! They have 2 kinds of auctions, 1 silent and one live. I have seen some wonderful things go cheap in the past. This year we have a great boat in the auction donated by Offshore Performance in Grasonville Md on the Eastern Shore (click link to see it) it is a 18' Monterey 180 FS Sport Boat. I stopped in their showroom in Grasonville to see it. Nice boat, retails for over $23,000. This along with great vacations being donated, art work, autographed sport items, soooo many things to be had come and see for yourselves.

Tickets are $75 and you can deduct $40 of it for tax purposes. Lots of single people with be there! This event is something I look forward to every year! I get to sit and talk to Art Donovan and his wife Dotty. They will be having their vacation home in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico available for a two week stay in the live auction, always a popular item.

Grey Goose Vodka will be there serving drinks at their tables. Last year it was Martini's! I don't know what kind of drinks this year, I know you will find me close by. Admission includes all foods from about 40 restaurants, with beer and wine included. Tio Pepe will be serving their famous pine nut deserts, just try and walk away from that!

It will be held at the North Club Level at M&T and parking is just $5 in Lot B. Entrance to the event is through gate A off Hamburg Street.

I hope to see some of my blogging friends there, look for me!

3 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Blogger kris said...

That sounds like FUN! I have to work Thursday eve unfortunately. Enjoy and please report back to us!

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Happy Giant Bunny Rabbit Day!

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

You still kicking, Frank?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me? Live Blog Stats