Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Bass Pro Shop And Shopping With The Girls

Having the day off yesterday, I didn't know what I was going to do with it. My daughter had been staying with us for Christmas and wanted to go shopping. Usually shopping with the women doesn't interest me. My wife asked me if I wanted to go with them and another friend. Before I could answer she said that they were going to the Arundel Mills Mall. The Bass Pro shop is located in the Mall, and I haven't been there since early summer. So now I am the driver for the 3 women and we were setting up boundries of time and where to meet. No problem, I parked in front of Bass Pro and we used that as and entrance and exit. We had our phones, so communication wasn't a problem. They went their way and I trudged off to get some lunch.

After a little lunch, I was back in The Bass Pro Shop to do some checking out. I first checked out any new equipment in the Rod and Reel depts. They all still look the same to me. I am glad I don't need any new Rods or Reels.I checked out the Plano tackle boxes, as I need a couple of the slide in plastic boxes that goes in them. My box is the 759 model where the front opens and they have 2 slide out trays and 2 of the plastic slide out boxes that come all the way out. http://www.epinions.com/pr-Fishing_G...Tackle_Box_759 They take the slide out box # 7592 and Bass Pro didn't have any. They told me to contact Plano directly. If I remember, I went through this same senerio over a year ago. Talk about deja view! I then checked out the Seaguar Fluorocarbon Leader. Yep, it is still about $20 for 25 yards. I believe I still have enough for fishing this coming year. Something for me to check out later. http://www.anglerscenter.com/termina...er_seaguar.htm The next thing I wanted to check out was the Horny Toads by Zoom. http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpage-ZF.html They had a color that I haven't seen before. It was a green and white swirl that I will be trying out next year. Next to the Horny Toads was a display of Yum Buzz Frogs. They look the same as the Horny Toads except you get 6 to a pack instead of 5. The one thing that I noticed about the Yums is that they have a lot of salt and scent on them. They call that LPT meaning Live Prey Technology. It says on the package that it imitates what a real dying minnow smells like. I know I will be trying them next year. http://www.yumbaits.com/lures.cfm?d=...1%2F2%22&m=Yum The women checked in on me as they were going to get some lunch and wanted to know if I wanted to join them. I declined as I had lunch earlier. I stayed in Bass Pro to check out the boats. They had a nice Mako 17' center console with a 90 h.p. Mercury on it. It is surprising how big a 17' boat looks out of water. Nice rig, just about what I would be looking for when I am ready to get a boat. Something easy to trailer and 17 to 20 feet. That will be another adventure later on.I wondered through Bass Pro and look at just about everything to do with fishing. I had a good time and was getting tired of being on my feet. The girls then called and said they were done and we all left feeling good about getting out even if it was the day after Christmas. Now on to the New Year!
__________________

2 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger danielle said...

You do need cell phones or walky talkies to keep track of people in arundel mills. I love the Bass Pro Shop. My dad hunts and fishes; I bought him a gift card to the store one year, as you can also use the card online. I never knew they made bait that smelled like a dying minnow - lovely. When I was in VA Beach, I saw my first live bait vending machine. That was interesting.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Double Dogged said...

Danielle, The Bass Pro Shop Gift Card is always welcome to sportsmen.

The plastic baits they have now have all kinds of smells in them. Fish can sense them in the water.

The vending machines are good for anyone who needs the bait, when the store is not open.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me? Live Blog Stats