Thursday, November 09, 2006

Off To Nashville To See The Ravens And Titans

I am leaving tomorrow morning and driving to Nashville. My friend Mike and I will be meeting up with my son Frank and his friend Mike. That's two Franks and two Mikes. Sounds like a deli order doesn't it! This is the first time I have driven to Nashville in about 5 or 6 years. Normally I would fly down and back. Monday, the day after we beat up on the Titans, Mike and I will be head for ports unknown. We are going to be driving around for the next 6 days with no special plans other than just go and stop at any interesting place we want to. Our wives told us both to go and have a good time.

I do know our first stop will be in Lynchburg Tenn. at the Jack Daniels Distillery. It is only an hours drive from Nashville. We might head down to Florida where we have friends that would like to see us. We don't really have to be home in 6 days, but I want to be home in time to see our Ravens play the Atlanta Falcons. If we decide to go to Florida, I want to check out some Condos in the Vero Beach area. I wouldn't mind having a winter place to go to during our cold months.

Savannah Georgia and Charleston S.C. have always been places we like to visit. Charleston also is a place I could spend the winter months. One place on the way home we are going to stop is the Chrysler Museum in Norfolk Va. Across the way into Hampton Va. is the Hampton National Cemetery where my Great Great Grandfather is buried. He was wounded in the second battle of Fair Oaks in Virginia in 1864. He died 20 days later at the Hospital at Fortress Monroe and buried nearby in the Hampton National Cemetery. While doing the genealogy of my family I could not find where he was buried until recently. He joined the 5th Maryland Infantry Regiment Co. K in Baltimore and was a sergeant when he was shot. After visiting there we will probably leave for home.

My friend Mike is descended from the McCoys of the Hatfields and McCoy battles. I believe we will stop at Williamson West Va and Pikeville Kentucky the area and Museum for the Hatfields and McCoys. From there It will be off to Tennessee and the next morning arriving at Nashville.

It is getting near the time for me to hit the hay and be off at 4 a.m.

Later Dudes and Dudettes.

6 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope McNair wups their titan asses after the way they disrespected him by not letting him work out with the team. I bet Titan fans cheer for McNair on Sunday.

I just got my tickets for the Ravens/Atlanta game on the 19th. Can't wait.

Have fun!

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger acw said...

Sounds like a cool time. have fun, Frank!

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger kris said...

Hope you're havin a ball!

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger cosmic shambles said...

That was a heck of a game!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Frank Strovel III said...

I'm glad to report Dad and Mike were in St. Augustine, Florida this morning when I called and they're having a good time.

The game: Never mind.

 
At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got back home Saturday evening. Good trip all around. Whipped the Titans and the Falcons. Life can be good! Will follow with post about trip soon.

Double Dogged

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me? Live Blog Stats