Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Painting Furniture

I am at work at my place getting ready to paint a dining Room Set for our Cottage. My wife picked out the color and I got the paint and primer and will be ready to paint after doing all of the prep needed.

This DR Set consists of 6 chairs, a very large 2 piece hutch and base, a buffet, and table. I bought this set from one of my customers some years ago for my daughter. She took it to Pennsylvania where she was living at the time. A few years ago she bought a house in Parkville and was using it there. My daughter decided she wanted a different look and bought other furniture and I got the set back.

The paint job will give the set a whole new look. I hope to have it done by this weekend. It is a good quality set and is all wood. Except for the table top which will remain the natural wood that it is now, the rest will be painted. It is a lot of work but worth it.

The Cottage will be getting all new electric and plumbing. We are going to do our own plumbing, but an electrician will be doing all the new wiring. I haven't been working at the Cottage because of my cat bitten hand, but will soon be able to put more time working on it. It is coming along and it will be awhile before staying overnight. It is looking good though.

Who links to me? Live Blog Stats