Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Baltimore Ravens Vs The Tennessee Titans In Nashville

My plans for seeing the Ravens play the Titans in Nashville are under way. This game is played on Nov. 12th and there will be 8 of us going this year. It started with my son Frank (Left Of The Dial) and I some years ago. Now it is up to 8. I usually fly down from Baltimore, but this year it will be a little different. One of my friends that goes every year retires next week. He and I are driving to Nashville for the game. The others will fly down and back. My son Frank and his friend Mike will drive also as they do every year. They live about 2 1/2 hours from Nashville.

My friend and I are going to make a long week of it driving home after the game. We will be heading over towards the coast and go north from there. On the way we might stop at the Jack Daniels Distillery and do the tour. I know we are going to wind up at Fort Monroe in Virginia. My great great grandfather was buried there after getting killed in the Civil War. I have been wanting to get to his grave for years. Also, a stop at the Chrysler Museum in Norfolk is a must. We are going to be free to do what we want on this trip.

I have already reserved 3 Suites at the Nashville Hilton Downtown and was lucky to secure them. This hotel is rated at 5 Diamonds and is one of the best in Nashville and when I called for reservations they were just about out of rooms. We stayed there last year also.

Nashville is a great town and the people are great as well. Usually our first stop is at Tootsie's Honky Tonk for our first beer of the morning. Last year the talent playing on stage had us enjoying the music for several hours. Many of the C & W stars got their start at Tootsie's. There will be a sea of purple in town.

The Ravens will be bringing 3 former Titans to town with them this year, Samari Rolle, Derrick Mason and Steve McNair. This should be interesting.

I am looking forward to this game already.

2 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger Frank Strovel III said...

Too bad you're gonna lose.

Happy Father's Day!

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Double Dogged said...

HA! You wish!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me? Live Blog Stats