Monday, May 15, 2006

WOW !!! It Bit My Johnson, And Now My Worm Is Torn

I did go fishing this morning in the rain and it wasn't bad at all. The fishing was good as I hoped it would be. The rain stopped and there was no wind on the lake. Nice and calm. I was fishing for those Toothy Fish I like to catch. Pickerel, Pike etc. Pickerel and Pike belong to the same family of fish as does the Musky all with lots of teeth. Backing my boat down the ramp and into the lake, fish scattered away and I felt it would be a good day.

The Pickerel are plentiful and fun to catch, you just don't ever put your fingers anywhere near their mouths. Their mouth has hundreds of tiny very sharp teeth and will shred your fingers to pieces. They did bite my Johnson Silver Minnow Spoon and my rubber worms I use to catch them. The worms being soft and life like get torn apart when a Toothy Critter grabs it and takes off. By the time you get it near the boat it is a goner and you just replace it. The Johnson Spoon is one of the best Pike lures around. It always catches fish.

As the day approached noon the Sun came out and I started to peel off my clothes. Since it was raining the rain gear came off first. As it warmed up, my sweater, then my light sweat shirt was next. This left me in my short sleeve shirt and it felt good as it was too hot with any of the other clothing on.

People were out on the lake in their boats and canoes just enjoying being there. I was heading back to the boat dock later in the day as the dark clouds appeared and the temps were dropping. It still was comfortable in short sleeves. I got to the boat ramp dock and tied up so I could walk up to my van and trailer. As I was getting into my Van, the rain came down and all of my rain gear was still in the boat. I backed down the ramp until my trailer was in the water, got out of the Van and got into my boat. I put on my rain coat and drove my boat onto the trailer. It was coming down hard and I did get a little wet, no problem though it felt good. I pulled my boat up and out of the water and parked on the side of the road to put away the things that were in the boat. Some people drive their boat and trailer with all of the equipment still in it. I don't. It only takes a few minutes to unload and get on the way to home.

Not much wildlife about today. There were several very large Blue Huron on their very tall legs in the shallows. Plenty of Turtles and Geese and of course fish.

It was a good day!

2 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger Broadsheet said...

DD: Damn, that post title got a full, out loud cackle out of me - and Lord knows I've needed one the last few days!!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Double Dogged said...

I am glad you got a kick out of it. I thought it would get a reaction.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me? Live Blog Stats