Sunday, April 16, 2006

This Time It's The Loch Raven Reservoir Not The Susquehanna

I have been fishing for Shad on the Susquehanna River the last few weeks. Tomorrow morning I will be out on Loch Raven in my boat to catch some of those Toothy Critters and Bass. I have been enjoying fishing and catching Shad on the Susky, but I wanted to get on Loch Raven before the hot weather appears. The Shad run on the Susky will be getting much better in the next few weeks. I will have time to catch plenty more before it peaks.

I really enjoy catching the Northern Pike and Pickerel (The Toothy Critters) and it will be a nice change. The Bass should be hitting also. The weather is suppose to be nice with the temps in the 60's with little or no wind. A good day to be on the water.

The Northern Pike grow big in Loch Raven and I know that the Maryland State Record for Northerns are there. I have seen very very large Pike in Loch Raven. The state record is 24 lbs. 12 ozs. caught on Deep Creek Lake in Western Maryland. They are bigger then that in Loch Raven.

I have caught Northern Pike that weighed 25 lbs in Canada on my yearly Toothy Critter trip. This time I would like to catch them in my own back yard. It doesn't matter what size I catch tomorrow, I will just enjoy being on the water. The Bass fishing is also very good this time of the year.

The Eagles that live by the lake should be out and about looking for food for their just hatched little ones. The Deer and Geese are always around to watch. It will be good to be on the lake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me? Live Blog Stats