Thursday, April 06, 2006

It's Gotta Be Done I Better Get Started Soon

I usually open my pool sometime in April every year. I am not looking forward to it this year. During the winter it got filled with leaves and they sunk to the bottom and turned the water a liquor brown. Don't even ask how that happened, it's a sore spot for me. I have only had to drain the pool one other time in the years that we have had it. The good news is I will be able to replace a broken drain strainer that was a slight problem last year.

I am going to start draining soon and remove the leaves. Then I will power wash it and refill with clean clear water and and put in the necessary chemicals to keep it sparkling clear as it should be. It past years it only takes me a couple of days to get it up and running. This time an extra day or so and it will be good as new. It is a very nice pool and has given us much pleasure over the years.

My daughter Allie is always the first one in the pool every year. She dives in sometime in May and lays around catching some rays or reading a book. That is too damn early for me. I like it to warm up a little before I get in. Of course, some of those really hot days in early summer, jumping into the pool cools you down quick. We do sit around the pool dangling our legs and feet in the water while sipping on a drink when the water is still cool.

My house is made for entertaining. It has a great screened in porch with a counter top stove and a refrig. We eat out there all summer until it is too cold. It is always pleasant on the porch and seems to have a breeze most of the time. There is a couple of overhead fans to keep the air moving on the hottest days. We also have a open deck and a large patio. In the winter we have plenty of room for entertaining indoors.

I could call in a pool service to do the pool work, but I have been maintaining the pool for years and I really don't mind doing it when not under any time frame or hurry. It will get done before May and as usual Allie will be the first to dive in.

8 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How big is the pool?

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Double Dogged said...

It is 20 X 40 and 8 ft in the deep end.

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome!

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

I think Fool wants to go for a swim.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Double Dogged said...

Hopefully when the weather gets hot we all can go for a swim. That would be nice!

Hmmm let's see, hot weather, beer, other booze and cold drinks, plenty of food, and our bloggers make for a fun time. Oh yeah, diving into the pool.

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell yeah I want to go for a swim. I just don't think it would be a good idea because then I might never leave the pool. :)

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Double Dogged said...

Hey Fool,so what's the problem. :-)

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Geez DD, don't you know what happens when people never leave the pool? They turn into giant prunes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me? Live Blog Stats