Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I Finally Got Started On The Pool

Yesterday, I got started on cleaning my pool. I know this is probably boring to some, but I have only drained my pool once before since we had it. I started to drain it on Monday and it took a day and a half to drain. I cleaned out all of the leaves that got into it and power washed it. I couldn't believe that amount of leaves that got into this pool. The pool is inground and is 20 x 40 with the deep end 10 feet. Somehow I thought it was only 8 feet on the deep end. Being drained I got a chance to stand in the bottom of the deep end to see how deep it really is.

Today I will give it a good scrubbing with chemicals to get out any stains and replace one of the 2 strainer covers that had been broken. I tried to replace that cover but couldn't because of the deep water. I will give it a good power wash again and start filling it with water. Good thing I have city water and not a well.

The pool has been a great asset to have. Once it is open, it is easy to maintain for the rest of the year until I close it. On those steamy hot summer days, jumping into the pool cools down your body and no matter how hot it is you are cooled down the rest of the day.

My son who lives in Tennessee and has the Blog " Left Of The Dial" will be here in July and I told him I would like to have a Blogtimore, Hon pool party on Saturday July 22nd if possible. He knows I like the Bloggers Happy Hours and since he couldn't attend, I would have it when he is in town. He can then put a face to some of the bloggers he has become to know. As I have mentioned before he was the one that introduced me to the Blogtimore, Hon bloggers.

If this goes down, and it should, being in July should be good pool weather. I know some of our bloggers have children and they are invited also. Jumping into the pool is optional.

Stay tuned.

9 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Broadsheet said...

Ugh - that sounds like really dirty work. At least the weather is nice right now! I always look forward to my trips home to Mom and Dad's to lie around their pool. Thanks!

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get to cleaning! If I make an appearance, I want that pool to be glistening!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Hmmm, so if I'm going to go and swim and not scare people away, I need to lose another twenty pounds in three months or so ... I think it's doable ...

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I might actually make an appearance at that happy hour if it happens.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger fuquinay said...

I am ready for the party. Thanks for stopping by, and I'll bookmark you. :)

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Double Dogged said...

I am looking forward to it. Y'all!

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Cham said...

The 22nd of July sounds good. Keep us abreast of the pool party plans so we can hold the date.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger tfg said...

Can we fill the pool with rice pudding at the happy hour?

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me? Live Blog Stats