Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A 15 Minute Blizzard

Yesterday I was fishing on the Susquehanna River at 6:30 a.m. Yep, I got up extra early and headed to the Susky which is about a one hour drive. About 9 o'clock the wind picked up and it was getting darker. WTF, I am standing on the shore and all of a sudden was enveloped by a heavy snow. It lasted about 15 minutes at its worst point, then just flurries. The Sun was peeking though the clouds and everything was good again.

It was kind of weird, because I was not expecting the snow. I actually enjoyed it while it was at its worst. After clearing up and the Sun came out, I could hear the Geese above me. I looked up and in a very large V formation I saw about 75 Geese. The honking noise they made was music to my ears. A little later, I watched as a very larger bird with a wide wingspan was catching the wind and just floating on the waves of air. It started to flap its wings and made its way toward me. It caught a draft of wind just above me and I could see that it was an Eagle. My camera was in my Van, so I missed a good opportunity to get some photos of the Eagle.

Earlier as I was driving to the River, there along side of the road in a small pasture was about 25 Deer. They all turned to look at me to see what I was going to do. I just slowed down and went upon my way and they went back to grazing.

No, I didn't catch any fish, but the wildlife was more than enough to make this trip worthwhile.
It was a good day to just get out and around the nature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me? Live Blog Stats