Saturday, February 11, 2006

Sometimes I don't Get Things On E Bay, Become An Informed Buyer

I buy quite a few reference books. Books about Antiques, books about Geneology, books about Baltimore and Maryland. Many of the books I get are on E Bay as they are out of print and they are not available through other sources. When I find a book on E Bay that I want, I will check out some other sources to see if they are available and at what price the seller is asking. Many times I can buy a book that was on E Bay much cheaper through other book sites on the internet.

I will try and buy through E Bay then check out these other booksellers. Abebooks, Alibris and Amazon. Bookfinder.com is a meta search engine for books and will search all book sites. These are all dot com sites. By checking out these other sellers, it will let you know if E Bay is cheaper or if the internet sellers are cheaper. I have found some great prices either way. At least it gives you a heads up on the market.

This also works for just about anything you would want to buy. Electronics, Cd's, Dvd's anything. You get the picture. This is a great way to compare prices on any product you want. You become an informed buyer and can buy with confidence and that you are in the ballpark price wise.

I just bought a Digital Camera and I saved $133 by doing my home work. Doing a comparision on Cnet and checking all other sources, including E Bay I was able to make an informed decision. The reviews by professionals on the internet for my camera gave me some insight and helped me make a decision. The company I bought the camera from was great. No shipping charges, no tax and it was at my door the next day. They had a high customer service rating and it was right on.

Knowing what things sell for is what helps you become an inform buyer no matter where you find it, whether on the internet or your local stores. Try it, it will only put more money in you pocket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me? Live Blog Stats