Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Big One

As much of the year 2006 has been a mild one, last night and this morning we were slammed. We have about 15" of snow all around us and it is still snowing very lightly. The driveway have drifts that are much higher. The first thing I did this morning was to dig a area out on my patio and lawn so the double dogged Westies had a place to do their thing. As I was shoveling they were watching me with their legs crossed. It was funny to see them in the shoveled out area as all of the unshoveled snow was above their heads. With that done, I can relax and not worry about the driveway till later.

The wife and I are going over to our good friend and neighbor tonight for good food and wine. She is a great cook and the wine is always good. It is only a 5 minute walk to her place. We always get together when it snows to chill out, eat, and drink the grape of the vine.

In my back yard where our pool is, the diving board is how I judge how deep the snow is. It juts out over top of the pool and gives a good prospective of the depth of snow. I don't have to go to work today being Sunday or Monday or even Tuesday if I don't want to. By Tuesday I will be plenty tired of this snow and will be glad to get out. Till then I will kick back, chill, and have some fun doing what I like to do whatever that is.


Update: I am now completely shoveled out. I am free to go when I want to. It's a good feeling to have it over and done with. Time for a hot cup of Black Raven Tea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me? Live Blog Stats