Friday, December 09, 2005

Snow And Sleet

I was up and out this morning about 5:15 a.m. letting one of my Westie Dogs do her business. Yes, the snow was coming down pretty good. We have about 3 or 4 inches on the ground and possibly another inch or two before it ends. The storm is suppose to end about 9 a.m and rush hour will be a mad house. I just checked the outside again and the snow has turned to sleet or freezing rain. According to the news on TV the roads are slippery and the main roads are still covered. What a mess. I made up my mind, I am not going into work today and won't go out until the roads are much better. At least I have that luxury of whether I want to work or not. I need a haircut and will go for it later today when the roads clear up.

I don't mind driving in the snow, as long as the other crazy drivers are not out in it. That means rush hour time. I don't know what it is about snow and Baltimore or even here in Timonium. It's like nobody knows how to drive. This doesn't happen in other states like New England or upper state New York. I have been in big snow in these places and people just go on their normal way as usual. No major problems. I guess it's a frame of mind. Heavy snow there doesn't cause all the problems we have here. By this evening the roads should be good for the late rush hour. I like a good snow, but on my terms. In other words, over a weekend when others don't have to work or a hard long snow that keeps everyone home. After a day or two, I will have enough of it and will be itchy for it to become normal and all cleared up.

What would be nice, but probably not practical is to have a Baltimore Blogger snow party happy hour. After a few drinks and some good bar food, it won't matter if it is snowing or not.

For all of our blogger friends that don't have to work today, enjoy your day. For all of our blogger friends that have to be out in this stuff, be safe.

1 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Blogger Double Dogged said...

Hey Neckbone, that's good. The trade off for me is I shoveled the driveway and apron. I am getting to damn old for that. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me? Live Blog Stats