Monday, December 05, 2005

Ho Ho Ho Christmas in coming soon. For some reason I have the Christmas spirit early this year. My wife and I have the tree up and decorated. I feel like Christmas shopping now instead of 2 days before Xmas. What the hell is wrong with me, I like to procrastinate and do everything the last minute. Even at 5 a.m. this morning I got out the recipe for making Sweet potato Candies. I haven't made these candies in the last 4 or 5 years. Even then I would need to be asked to make them. The candies don't even have sweet potatoes in them. They are strictly sugar , butter and other great ingredients and do they ever taste good. Yummy. They are easy to make and I make more than the recipe calls for. We give them out as presents in little boxes or tins. Everyone loves them, but they are not for the diet minded. If you only eat one or two here and there it won't kill your diet.

I also make a peanut butter roll from the Fondant and I am going to try out something different, using Spearmint to give them a different flavor. They can be made so many different ways. The original way is to roll the Fondant like little cigars and dip them in cinnamon. You can use Chocolate as a coating or anything else you like. Sometimes I use shredded coconut in them. They are so easy to make, just takes a little time and is so rewarding.

I first made these when I was a teenager and still living at home. This recipe has been around for many years and I haven't found any other quite like mine. I am getting ready to go to the store to get the sugar, butter etc. These candies will be done this week, whether today or tomorrow when it snows.

1 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger acw said...

Sounds delicious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me? Live Blog Stats