Friday, November 11, 2005

Today looks like a good day to take off from work early and do some Antiquing. I like to go around to the different Antique, and Consignment Shops and see what I can find for my collection or to sell. Baltimore and the surrounding area can be a fun place to find something you want. It is all in the hunt. That is the true fun of it, whether it be something for your collection or a decorative piece for you house. If you are looking for a piece of furniture for that special place in you home Baltimore will be a good place to find it.

If you know what you are looking for and know the value, unless it is rare, it can be had for a good price. When I go into some of the shops and see the prices they are asking, I just shake my head and move on. On the other hand, if you find that special piece and you have been looking a long time for it, and you know it is scarace, then pay the price. You just might not be able to find it again.

If you are a collector of anything it is fun to go and look for something you want and find it. You are considered a collector if you own more than two of anything. That is what I mean by the hunt. I travel the East Coast at times looking for what I want. Some of my favorite places are in New England. Taking a long weekend, let's say from Friday to Monday I hit quite a bit of territory. I leave at 3 a.m. and I am in New Hampshire at about 9 a.m. hitting the shops and Antiques Malls as they open. You must be an early riser to do this. After hitting New Hampshire all day, I head off to Maine where I spend the night and hit the shops there in the morning. From Maine it is off the Massachusetts, and then by Monday I am into Connecticut. I am usually home by early Monday evening.

You get to meet a lot of nice people, some I have known for awhile. You get to eat some of the best food and of course Lobsters. Oh, yeah don't forget the beer. You get to know where to go for the food and where it is not expensive. It is a fun time and you always find something you want. It also makes you feel good when you are back home.

Just some rambling and musings of the Double Dogged Guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me? Live Blog Stats