Thursday, November 24, 2005

Here it is Thanksgiving morning and the temps are down into the low 30's. Last night while I was playing chef and making the traditional stuffing for today's meal, the snow was coming down fast and furious. It was only laying on the grass and cars. This morning there are remnants of the snow on the same places. What I enjoy about the turn of cold weather is that I keep my Corona's on the back porch and they get as cold as the beer at Molly's Publick House. I like that!

You know it's the little things in life that make me happy. For instance, limes at the Shopper's Food Warehouse were only 10 cents each. We need those limes for the Corona's, makes them go down better. I was also at the Wine Warehouse on Lock Raven Blvd yesterday. What a F+++ing madhouse that was. They had 5 people outside directing traffic for a parking place. My wife asked me to stop and pick up wine and beer for today and this weekend. Our favorite red wine is Cabernet and I choose 3 bottles and 1 bottle of a favorite white wine, Cavit Pinot Grigio. I have been on a kick lately for the Robert Mondavi Private Selection Cabernet and that is one of the Reds I bought. This is a good red wine if you haven't tried it yet. There have been some good Australian Cab wines coming from down under so I bought 2 of them. One is Gumdale which has been around for awhile and the other Cab was a new one I haven't tried yet. It is Waltzing Vine Cab and is a new wine to our market here. Both Gumdale and Waltzing Vine come from the same area, South Eastern Australia. The prices on these newer wines are usually a good bargain. I will find out if it is a bargain after I taste them.

The Cavit Pinot Grigio being a white wine has a fresh and fruity taste and is good anytime of the year. The Mondavi Cab is a drier wine with a great flavor. Today most of my family and I will be having the traditional Turkey dinner with the trimmings including the Baltimore Sauerkraut.

The Corona's with fresh lime early before dinner and the wines before and during dinner. I am looking forward to it.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

2 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Have a good Thanksgiving, DD.

 
At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you flirt! I had a good cold beer and my share of the kraut.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me? Live Blog Stats