Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The CMA (Country Music Awards) are on tonight. While I am not a big country fan, I do like to listen to country once in a while. I am rooting for Keith Urban to win the Entertainer of the Year Award. He has a very good chance of getting this Oscar like award of Country Music.

Several years ago a buddy and I were on a flight to Nashville Tennessee to see a Tennessee Titans football game. I am a dyed in the wool Ravens fan, but my son who lives in Tenn is a Titans fan. We fly to Nashville every year to get together. I have not missed a Ravens Vs Titans game played in Tenn yet. While on the flight I struck up a conversation with this guy and 2 of his friends. The flight isn't very long, about 2 hours, and we were there before you knew it. My son and his friend picked us up at the Airport and off to the hotel we went. Being a Saturday we had a bunch of time to kill, so one of the first places we went to was Tootsies Honky Tonk. Tootsies is world famous for having new young talent there before they became famous. We were drinking beers and watching the entertainment and just enjoying the music, all this at 10 a.m. We decided to hit a few more joints then go to the nearby Opry Mills Mall, which is humongus.

Getting to the Mall we decided to get something to eat and I wanted to hit the Bass Pro Shop there. Walking down the corridors of the Mall we came upon a small studio that records some of the Country Music acts and you can go in and watch the goings on. While there the host introduced a new and up and coming singer by the name of Keith Urban. I really never heard of him before, but I knew him. Keith Urban was the guy and his friends I talked to while on the flight to Nashville. Holy Shit, I couldn't believe it, here he was on the stage performing. What a strange co-incidence this was. First meeting him on the plane and then just happened to be where he was performing. He was good, and everyone gave him a big hand when he finished. Me included.

Keith Urban is now a super star and I wish him all the luck in the world to win the Entertainer Of The Year Award tonight. Go Keith Go.

3 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger Broadsheet said...

Keith is also Nicole Kidman's latest paramour. We kept hoping he'd show up when she was filming on my street last month.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Double Dogged said...

You are right, he is her latest. I understand he has been all over the world singing. I wonder when they have time to get together.

 
At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep your eye on Miranda Lambert. She was a nominee for the Horizon Award (new artist) last night. She performed "Kerosene" with all the pyrotechnics. Her album of the same name has sold over a million copies already without huge radio support. I think of her being the Next Big Thing much like a lot of industry folks thought of Keith Urban a few years ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me? Live Blog Stats